Friday, May 04, 2007

How Stupid Do You Have to Be . . .

to be a Republican Presidential candidate?

I didn't watch the Republican candidates' debate last night. I can't tolerate one of those sons of bitches for five minutes, let alone ten of them for a couple of hours.

Still, the event was not entirely without interest.

Here's my favorite part:

MR. VANDEHEI: I’m curious, is there anybody on the stage that does not agree -- believe in evolution?

(Senator Brownback, Mr. Huckabee, Representative Tancredo raise their hands.)

SEN. MCCAIN: May I -- may I just add to that?

MR. VANDEHEI: Sure.

SEN. MCCAIN: I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.


I missed the part where McCain said he saw the hand of God in the uncontrolled growth of cancer cells, or the epidemic spread of the AIDS virus (sanctity of life, eh?), but maybe that part didn't get transcribed.

And somehow my copy of the transcript stops before they start talking about whether they believe in gravity, or whether they think the sun revolves around the earth. Just wait, though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that part, too, and I can't imagine what they were thinking. What is this, the flat earth party?

May 04, 2007 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home