Monday, January 19, 2009

Pardon Countdown

If you look over at the sidebar on the right you'll see the Bush Countdown Clock. For some reason it's a little optimistic, since right now it's saying Bush only has about ten hours and change left, whereas as I write this we're down to about 23 1/2 hours.

And you know what that means: 32 1/2 pardoning hours left! Any predictions on who will get the Golden Get Out of Jail Free Card? I've heard speculation that he won't do it because he doesn't think he did anything wrong. On the other hand, Nixon didn't think he did anything wrong, but that didn't stop him from making a deal with Ford to get the pardon on the way out the door (and if you don't think he made a deal, how fucking naive can you get?).

So: Scooter Libby? Gonzo? Schlozman? A pardon for any of these guys might restore or protect their right to practice law.

I'm not making any predictions, myself, but I'm prepared to have my pleasure at the end of the Bush regime tempered with a fresh slug of outrage.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to eat crow now?

January 22, 2009 10:42 PM  
Blogger Jack McCullough said...

Having trouble reading, Anonymous?

Didn't see the line, "I'm not making any predictions, myself"?

I admit that I'm pleasantly surprised. I'll be even happier if the Obama DOJ actually prosecutes the former officials of the Bush regime for their blatant criminal acts.

January 25, 2009 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home