Friday, January 02, 2009

Which is uglier?

I was away last week when this news broke, but I still think it's something that we need to keep our attention on.

I'm talking about the perennial question of where we're going to get our energy, and specifically electricity.

We have a somewhat robust renewable energy community here in Vermont, comprising a lot of effort in efficiency, small hydro, and wind.

Wind, of course, has been the most controversial, largely because people driving around the countryside don't have to look at compact fluorescent light bulbs, or small dams, but they are very concerned that they will have to look at giant wind turbines.

So even if you accept the claim that wind turbines are ugly (I don't, but let's go with it for the sake of discussion), tell me which you think is uglier.

This:

Or this:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE XD

January 02, 2009 1:13 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Good call Jack...good call...

January 03, 2009 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you 100% on this one. It seems to me the biggest obstacle to wind power is that some people don't want to look at the windmills, although they don't mind if other people have to live with more polluted air/water/etc.

January 03, 2009 9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

right asshole, it's just that simple

March 15, 2010 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home