Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finally!

Those of us who have been wanting to see Obama show some fight have to be happy tonight.

I wish I'd blogged this at the time, but it really is true that when I heard about the deal Obama cut with McConnell to extend the Bush tax cuts last year the first thing I thought to myself was, "I hope he got an increase in the debt ceiling as part of the deal."

Well, as we now know, he didn't, and we are now being held hostage by Republican terrorists.

But if the press reports are accurate, today's the day Obama decided to stop negotiating with terrorists.

Here's what he reportedly said at today's meeting with Cantor, McConnell, and the other Republicans:
"I have reached the point where I say enough," Obama told the leaders, according to the account. "Would Ronald Reagan be sitting here? I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this."


He's right. Enough is enough.

It will be very interesting to see what happens at their meeting tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home